Years 2017-18 (all taxes included, in Indian Rupees)
- We do not charge extra for children below 1 year. We charge 350 Rs for children from 1 year to 5 years of age; 700 Rs for children from 5+ years to 10 years of age. This covers the cost of meals and other services offered by the Guest house. The room tariff will change accordingly.
- High season– from 15th December to 30th March and from 1st July to 30th August. Intermediary season – from 1st April to 30th May and from 1st September to 15th December. During intermediary season, we apply a degressive tariff: first week – full tariff; 2nd week – 10% discount; 3rd week -15% discount; 4th week – 20% discount; after 5th week – 25% discount.
- A different tariff “per person” applies for groups during high season and government holidays. The room rate changes to a Group tariff, calculated per person. This tariff is of 2450 Rs per person all services included. During intermediary season – regular room rates apply.
A “group” is a minimum of 4+ people traveling together with a group leader and coordinator; coming and going all together with a fixed date of arrival and departure.
- Our rates may be subject to change without prior notice.
Services included in our Rates
Breakfast: is served between 8am and 10 am.
Dinner: is served at 7:15 pm. The food served is continental style. When Indian food is prepared it is made sure it is not spicy. Dinner consists of a starter (soup or salad), a main course (veg or non veg) and a desert. Please inform the reception if you have any particular food habits (veg or non- veg), and any allergies we should be aware of. The food prepared is the same for everyone, served at the table (family style), this means there cannot be any last minute requests.
Note: breakfast and dinner are included in the room rate, and cannot be deducted from your bill, even in case of absence.However, if you do not plan to have dinner at the Guest House please let us know by 2 pm to avoid food wastage.
Note: There is no lunch option.
Please contact our reception for information on the different lunch options within Auroville.
Laundry: Please put your laundry in the laundry baskets at the reception in the morning before 10 am and you will be able to find it the next day in the office, clean, dry and folded (not ironed).
Room cleaning: is available on request. Please hook the yellow token an your key your room-key-box in the reception. Please have your room cleaned at least every 3 days, as in this kind of climate and environment, it is necessary to maintain the rooms.
WI-FI: Please note that there is no Wifi access in the rooms. It is only in the common sitting area. Contact the reception for the password.
Phone: You can use the phone at the reception for local calls only.
Small Pool: to refresh yourself and for the kids to play.
Lounge: We have a very modern, cozy, comfortable air conditioned Cinema room that has a projector and corresponding screen. We get TV channels (Annual grand sports, Ten Action, Ten HD, Ten sport, HBO defined, HBO Hits), and a laptop (ask the reception) with a well furnished collection of movies to choose from.
You are welcome to bring your own selection of movies and/or documentaries to share with others if you wish.
Taxi booking: There are several taxi companies available on call; the list is at the reception. The taxi cost is not included in our services, you will have to pay them directly.
Parking: If you are travelling in your private car, please use the parking at the entrance of the Guest House, making sure not to block the way for other residents.
Cycles: We have cycles for rent at the guest house itself- please ask at the reception.
We have an Aqua guard water filter and an Aquadyn water purifier to be used at your convenience
Only vehicles and lunch are not included in our Price
- Vehicles: We can facilitate the contact to renters for a 2 wheeler for you (scooter, TVS, or gear bike).
- For lunch options and information please refer to our Activities Page.